David: Antics = my life

Monday, April 04, 2005

Zion, Moab, Vegas, Grand Canyon

Haven't blogged for 3 weeks and so much has happened - Zion hiking, Moab mtn biking, and backpacking down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I wrecked the oil pan on our rental car (w/o insurance) when I secretly took it off roading and had to pay $260 to fix it. Sad. We also snow camped in Grand Canyon, which was a first for me. It was freezing. But I'm up $50 from Vegas, yeah!

I ran over my head

I just got back this past weekend from 4 wheeling in the desert (Anza Borrego). Me and 8 guys went out for bbq and dirtbiking. The quads go really fast, maybe up to 50 mph, which is fast for off roading. I did some jumps and landed the quad on my leg. I rolled off onto the ground and thought for sure I broke my leg, but luckily my bones were fine. Then on the way back to the campsite, I took a turn too sharply down a steep hill and my quad threw me off the front right side. The quad kept going forward and ran over my head, which was pretty funny. Luckily, I was wearing a helmet, or else it wouldn't be so funny. I was laughin so hard, but my friends were shocked because they thought I was hurt.

Taiwan or DC?

My professors recommend that I go to DC to start on my career. I want to go to DC for a million practical reasons. Plus, I'm tired of people always telling me how crazy I am, or how "unstable" I am in my career path. But the strange thing is that when I pray about it, I feel like God is telling me to go to Taiwan. I'm like, "Noooo! I want the money and stability, plus I'm getting old." I'm pretty convincted to go to Taiwan so far, but it goes against practical reasoning.

3 Comments:

  • i would like to say go to DC so i can still talk to you over the phone and just like people want me to stay here and not go to grad school. but i would have to say go to taiwan just like you sensed God calling you.

    i wish an atv ran over my head. that was so cool. :)

    By Blogger Danny, at April 4, 2005 at 8:14 PM  

  • I wonder if having that ATV run over head might've scrambled up your brain or something..

    Do you have a sense of why God would be calling you to Taiwan? (but yes or no, if you feel God calling, you should definitely answer..)

    By Blogger Albert, at April 5, 2005 at 12:38 AM  

  • I have no opinion really about DC or Taiwan- I just want to say that you are crazy and no matter where you go-you'll still be crazy! =P so do what you feel God's telling you to do- isn't it great that you have so many options to choose from? Anyways, you know there are plenty of jobs for you in DC when you come back from Taiwan, but if you come to DC soon, the next time you go to Taiwan is if you take vacation time off from work. What's the rush to start the 9-5 for the next 50 yrs of your life? oops- did i give my opinion away?

    ps- do you and danny talk on the phone more than i do with my phone buddy? =P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 23, 2005 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home