David: Antics = my life

Friday, March 11, 2005

Sharing Christ with my students was so scary

Today was my last discussion section, so I took the last half of the class to give them my take on all that we had learned. Our readings and lectures have all pointed in the direction of: "The Renaissance was a shift from faith to reason." As if faith runs counter to reason. We read Nietzsche ("God is dead"), Marx, Heidegger, etc. Basically, the theme was that science disproves religion. My views were the exact opposite.

I started by recapping on the differences between the philosopher and scientist, based on my previous blog from last week. I stressed that, from the readings and from my personal experience, science has pointed me toward God and Jesus Christ. I talked about genetics, art, beauty, and the second law of thermodynamics (toward disorder). Then I talked about how philosophers don't know jack about science, etc.

It was so scary, but I was convicted by God that I should share this with them today. It would be easier to disobey, but I don't want to be His useless tool.

Ok, I'm in office hours now and a student is asking me to regrade his philosophy paper. Ttyl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home