David: Antics = my life

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Malachi on my mind.

"For from the rising of the sun even to its setting, My name will be great among the nations. (Malachi 1:11)." The imagery behind the rising and setting sun is so powerful and beautiful. It only serves as a glimpse of God's true power and glory. Amazing!

-----

"My covenant with him (Levi) was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him as an object of reverence; so he revered Me, and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth and unrighteousness was not found on his lips, he walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many back from iniquity." (Malachi 2:5-6)

Above reproach. I admire the description of the Levite's faith so much. Josh Chien used to train GMG (Godly Men's Group, high school) to be above reproach. It had stuck with me since, but in many ways it contradicts a lot of the craziness in my life and in the previous blogs. Being exposed to the harsh world is like playing "hardball." It takes real heart preparation, and a strong walk with God. When I'm not careful, it easily enflames a battle that rages within.

-----

"From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statues, and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you." (Malachi 3:7) The last line blows me away, for His mercy is so great... and his arms are open to receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home