David: Antics = my life

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Asia SF + Velvet Lounge = no good.

Tonight we went out to Asia SF and then the Velvet Lounge. Asia SF was this little basement a little bigger than Alb's condo. It was no good. I had high expectations, given that I am Asian and all. The music was this shrieking techno, and the people were lame. After 10 minutes, I booked it out of there. Luckily, there was no cover.

Then we moved on to Velvet Lounge. It, too, was no good. I really had high expectations for the place. (A) because if I have to pay a $10 cover it can't be that bad. I was wrong. (B) Johnny Knoxville from Jackass chills at the LA Velvet Lounge. Johnny Knoxville is cool. The people at the SF Velvet Lounge were cooler than that Asia SF crowd, but not as cool as Johnny Knoxville. I made the best of it, put down a Heineken, and danced the night away.

Now it's 3:30 AM and I'm blogging to share this misadventure with you all. Or as former roommate Andrew Hsia would put it: "Y'all!" Even "On Broadway" in SD is better than these places.

Next time I'm going out with Jerm, who took us to the upscale Starlight Lounge at the St. Francis Hotel (or Francis Drake?) overlooking Union Square. That was quality. Actually, next time is tomorrow night when I will be out with him and a non-Nicky girl after my cooking gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home