David: Antics = my life

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Filet Mignon, Hors d'oeurves...

Today we cooked for biotech execs at the SF MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). It was really classy, and we made the best food.

Lisa and I worked on the hors d'oeurves and made (1) dungeness crab (mixed with lemon butter sauce, plus fresh lemon juice) in a fresh endive leaf sprinkled with parsley and topped with a line of caviar; (2) duck foie gras on a criscrossed potato crisp; (3) baked scallop skewers; (4) goat cheese, with a dab of honey to secure a whole roasted almond, and then a dab of honey to secure the colorful flower garnish on top of the almond; plus 2 more.

Before the main dish was an "intermezzo" of sorbet with blackberry and mint garnish. The main dish was hectic, as we worked to get filet mignon, skewered prawns, asparagus, and golden potatoes out. Dessert was chocolate cake drizzled with raspberry sauce around the plate, with whole raspberries placed strategically.

---------

Aside from that, I'm helping some UCSD friends out with 3 final exam essays this week. I'm super stressed. The essays are on art, sociology, and movie soundscapes and essays need a lot of work!

I also need to check up on that security clearance that I still don't have from the State Dept. I've decided to still go to DC on June 18th regardless because I feel that is leading me there and that He will provide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home