David: Antics = my life

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Uneventful day + shaving

Today was a normal day, nothing too exciting to share. I edited the sound structure essay for a UCSD friend this morning. Then Lisa and I went to watch Harry Potter at the huge screen IMAX in the Metreon SF. Tickets were $15.50 each and it wasn't that much greater than a regular theater. Lisa really loved the movie, since she read all the books. I'm a little less into children's fantasy, but I ate so much buttered popcorn and snickers there, nice.

I got home late and spontaneously decided to shave most of my body. After talking to Albert for a bit, I disappeared into the bathroom and started on my arms. I rarely do this, but I just feel more clean cut when my body hair is managed. It all started with that ridiculous body building tournament story when I was first forced to shave it all, but that's a whole other chapter in my life. Ok, I wasn't forced, but I thought it would be funny if I did it. I feel that it's best to dry shave with the grain (not against), so the hair doesn't clog up my razor as easily. The first time I shaved at the tournament was with wet nair all over my body, and I could only get a square inch at a time. How slow and annoying it was then, plus I nicked a nipple and also had blood running down my legs. Hey, it was my first time :(.

Also, please pray for Jenn H as she recovers from her running / repetitive stress injuries. I think Jenn is very focused, disciplined, and determined, which gets her good grades but also repetitive stress injuries. I don't think I'll ever suffer from those because I'm too easily distracted. I'll never get carpal tunnel because I type for a few minutes, get up and wander around, and repeat throughout the day. It wastes a lot of my time, though. I don't think I have glasses because I just read / study for half an hour at a time and then do other stuff like guitar / exercise / swim / cook. It's hard for me to sit still for too long, making lack of discipline my downfall that apparently has it's advantages. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home