David: Antics = my life

Monday, June 14, 2004

I love my sister so much!

Mary just returned to SD from Guadalajara today after 4 months in Central America, mostly Guatemala and Honduras. I would give anything to sit down with her at our favorite coffee shop in La Jolla and just share adventures until late early in the morning. She has much wilder one's than me. She's wild, in general. I'm so proud of her. It's ok, we're planning on hanging out in New York or Vermont in a few weeks.

As an illustration of her life, here's a taste of her day so far. She was fine all of the time alone in Central America, only to return to the US and find a man masturbating at her on the empty trolly car. She was furious and just told him how pathetic he was. I feel sorry for the guy who tries to take advantage of her, she's not the kind of girl to mess with. I'm so proud of her.

-----

My naysaying backfired!

Ok, so I'm often a naysayer to my closest friends because it can be funnier to see them devastated, in a good joking way (if that's possible). One of my closest friends had a rough breakup with his ex a while ago, followed by a lot of drama. We were told over dinner that she was going to his house today. He ate less, and his anxiety was so intense his eyes were glazed over. I was making fun of him all night, but I had decided to protect my brother as his "wingman" tonight. I was so amused at his misfortune, and totally deserve what happened next.

We go back to his place and see his ex. Then from the livingroom comes MY ex (the one from the June 11th story of trauma). What the?! I thought she was 500+ to 2000+ miles away! The wingman was going down in flames... it was an ambush for the both of us. I was surprised, shocked, and taken aback for a few minutes. Then it was fine... actually it was great. Over the months, my rose-colored glasses had slipped off and she was just an old friend again. Sa-weet! But I hear that she's dating again and I wish her the very best!

-----

Choir boys with British accents

We went to watch my little cousin Michael sing in a boys choir today. They were so cute! It was, like, all falsetto. Cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home