David: Antics = my life

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I've been flying solo here in DC. According to my pastor, Pastor Thomas: "When you fly solo, you're bound to get shot down." But I am afraid to get deep about real issues with my bros because I hate the pressure to appear perfect, and I don't like being confined to a Christian bubble. Plus, all of my bros that I can get real with are in CA--Yobe, Jerm, Ryan, Bananny, brother Tim.

But I knew I just couldn't go on being a lone ranger.

It hit me when I was reading Acts 13:22 yesterday. Paul is quoting God: "I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all of My will." It kinda spoke to me... maybe bec the name David got my attention. Right next to that verse, I wrote "I, David An, will do all (underlined "all") of God's will." Then I signed it, at the same time feeling pretty cheesy.

Since I wanted to do all (underlined) of God's will, I'd better call some bros to wing me. I called Noel. I spilled my guts about how I was flying solo. He asked me if I wanted to do regular accountability. That scares me too, bec it's structured confession of everything bad that I'm thinking with a super spiritual bro... which is scary. Plus, structure = commitment, which equals opportunities for me to mess up and let people down. I said I didn't want to bother him on a regular basis. He insisted. I agreed, starting next Tues, every week.

I was so incredibly happy after that conversation! And I still am. I'm often worried about reaching out to people bec I'm afraid that I'm bothering them in their busy lives. Noel is a lawyer, and he's at the office until 9pm regularly. But I knew that at that moment and every Tues on will be a huge blessing and opportunity to grow! But it's still kinda scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home