David: Antics = my life

Monday, July 09, 2007

Life in DC

Life in DC is so complicated. It's a hub of all of my internationally minded friends. I have to make an extra effort to hang out with compartmentalized groups: Fulbrighters, church friends, FSO and government buddies, Mary's Princeton friends, work friends.

In San Diego, I can hang out with all of my friends and participate in all of the political / cultural events that I want, and still have time left over. Here, I am so overwhelmed with people to see and things to do.

Classic dilemma: future direction

I am applying to go back to school for a PhD in political science and JD in international law. Georgetown is an ideal school for this kind of thing. Dang, I'm going to be in school forever!

Dad in town

It's kind of cool to have my dad living with me here in DC. He's just chillin and looking for work. It's nice to be able to provide for him in just a small way, kind of like how he has always provided for me. Role reversal.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home