David: Antics = my life

Monday, January 14, 2008

Yesterday was pretty scary and miserable on my moto.

I rode my motorcycle out 45 min to play football with the guys. Sprained my right hand (throttle hand) during the game. Then it started raining on my way home. Hand hurt, esp when I squeezed the throttle. Drenched in rain. Slick and dangerous freeway. It was already dark by then, even more dangerous. It was 40 degrees out, and I was freezing. As I was sitting there, scared for my life on the slick freeway but still doing 60mph, I was thinking about how circumstances all added up to be pretty bad for me. Luckily, I got home safe. Joke's on them, I'm still alive.

On my mind:
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.

Sometimes I hesitate to call an friend bec I don't know if they're busy, or if I'm interrupting their dinner or something trite like that. I know that 1 John is talking about a fear that is deeper, maybe like an intimidating fear or deep insecurity. For me, it gives me more confidence to touch the lives of my friends more boldly, but on the condition to I am truly loving and caring for them.

November and December were 2 v rough months for me. I was pretty emotionally, physically, professionally defeated then. January is looking pretty good so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home