David: Antics = my life

Monday, August 23, 2004

Ambassador swear-in late last week

A/S Kelly.
I tapped him on the back, and he turned, "Hi, Assistant Secretary Kelly,I'm new at EAP / RSP, and I take care of your S Week Ahead for SecretaryPowell." I said.
"Oh, what office are you from?" He asked.
"Regional Security, Patricia is my boss, I'm a student at the Universityof California." I responded.
He paused, looked down at my badge and said, "Oh, David An, I'll remember that."
"It's an honor to work for your office." I added, like the brown-noser I am. Haha.

Evans Revere.
I stood in the Ambassador swear-in ceremony while sipping a glass of champagne. I stood just 10 feet away from Deputy Sec Armitage (2nd to Powell), and I wasseeing him for the first time. At the time, I had weaseled right to the front of the crowd. After Amb. Hale took her oath of office, everyone clapped and started to leave. I see Evans (acting A/S for entire East Asia Bureau), so I smile at him since we met last week. Evans Revere turns to me and says, "That could be you someday."
I'm dumbfounded, and tried to say something funny, but couldn't think of something appropriate, so I responded whimpily... "This is exciting!"







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home