David: Antics = my life

Monday, August 02, 2004

Free internet at the Library of Congress

The main reading room in the Library of Congress is so beautiful! I'm sitting under the rotunda now, writing this email.

-----

First day at the State Dept

I am so blessed! My boss is the nicest and most compassionate woman. She took me out to lunch, paid for me, and she is so supportive of my work in her office. She's also the chief of the entire regional security program office.

Needless to say, I'm having the best time at work. I sit and read "secret" documents about East Asian security for hours at a time, and I love it. I'm like a kid in a candy shop! They already gave me my first project, which I can't talk about but it's really cool. On Wednesday, I need to go to a press conference on new visa policy to take notes on behalf of all of the Asia desks (Bureaus overseeing Embassy policy). The work may be intimidating to an outsider, but it's so exciting to me!

The best thing is that I work in the main State Dept compound, in the same building as Colin Powell, but 4 floors below him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home