David: Antics = my life

Wednesday, September 27, 2006




Finn and Porter, Hilton

I just started working last weekend at the Finn and Porter restaurant inside of the Hilton. It's fairly high-end. They specialize in seafood, sushi, and steaks. People spend $45 per person there on average, and leave $10 tip per table. I decided to work there because I like the atmosphere, but didn't want to pay to be there.

The best part of working there is eating the food from the back kitchen. When orders are wrong, I get to eat them - crab cakes, lobster bique soup. Plus, staff get free food in the Hilton cafeteria for lunch and dinner, which saves me $600 a month on groceries / eating out.

I'm trying to try to transition into bartending, which is more relaxed, social and fun. I'm going to ask a few of my friends behind the bar to teach me some stuff. I like the restaurant experience bec it's something I can do anywhere, even temporarily, to get some quick cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home